- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups crushed cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine chicken and buttermilk. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil; coat foil with nonstick cooking spray. Drain chicken, discarding excess buttermilk.
- In another large resealable plastic bag, combine crushed cornflakes, garlic, onion, paprika, and pepper; seal bag. Shake well to combine. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake the bag to coat the chicken well.
- Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Coat chicken with nonstick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F). Sprinkle with parsley before serving if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 267 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 88 mg chol., 336 mg sodium, 23 g carb. (1 g fiber), 37 g pro.
Lean Meat (d.e): 4.5; Starch (d.e): 1.5;